What are Juvederm dermal fillers?
Juvederm is manufactured by Allergan, a pharmaceutical company which was one of the first to start developing aesthetic and medical treatments 35 years ago. The Juvederm facial fillers are manufactured using advanced technology. These treatments have a good safety profile and provide a natural appearance and long lasting results. Juvederm has been used in 16 million treatments around the world, and this figure is growing every day.
By getting older, the skin loses hyaluronic acid and small wrinkles appear. Some become deeper due to external factors such as:
- exposure to sunlight
- constant muscle use
- gravitational force
- unbalanced nutrition
Hyaluronic fillers contain hyaluronic acid, which is the natural component of our skin. They absorb water and this results in more volume at the desired site, resulting in lifting and filling unwanted lines and wrinkles, hydrating the skin, increasing the volume, and restoring natural face contours, i.e. rejuvenating the skin. They are biodegradable, compatible with the composition of the skin and do not cause side effects.
The benefits of dermal fillers:
- Filling the wrinkles
- Regaining moisture and hydrating the skin
- Increasing the elasticity of the skin
- Regaining the lost volume of the skin
- Increasing collagen production
Dermal filler treatments can be started with the appearance of the first small wrinkles, which begin to appear in the late twenties, depending on genetics and lifestyle.
As a preparation, we use Juvederm hyaluronic fillers of different characteristics, depending on the facial area and the purpose:
- Juvederm Ultra several formulations for each type of wrinkle, from thin to deep wrinkles and folds, and for augmentation of lips
- Juvederm Voluma with lidocaine that adds volume to areas that need slightly more lifting or repairing such as cheeks and chin and also provides a mild lifting effect without surgery
- Juvederm Volbella with lidocaine for mild lip augmentation, rehydration, wrinkles on the forehead, small wrinkles around the eyes and all the wrinkles on the facial surface
- Juvederm Volift with lidocaine for filling deeper facial wrinkles (marionette lines and nasolabial wrinkles) and natural lip augmentation
- Juvederm Volite with lidocaine is the first dermal filler designed so that with just one treatment it improves the skin quality, smoothens small wrinkles for up to 9 months and improves several skin components including smoothness, moisture and elasticity. Volite is the only product which can be used for treating the whole face, neck, décolletage and back of hands.
The application procedure lasts 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the area treated and the amount of dermal filler. Prior to the application, anesthetic cream should be applied to the area to be treated. The amount of dermal filler needed to achieve the desired effect depends on the patient's wishes and the area to be injected. Side effects are extremely rare and short-term. After the injection, a slight reddening, slight swelling and bruising may occur at the site. However, they disappear after a couple of days.
Very rarely an allergic reaction is possible.
Since treatment with dermal fillers is not a surgery, the recovery time is very short. A refreshed, shiny and natural appearance is achieved.
On the first day after the treatment, pressing the part of the face that has been treated is not recommended. Furthermore, sun exposure, solarium and sauna are not recommended for another two weeks.
At the Dental clinic Abbazia Dental, dermal fillers are applied by Mate Rogić, a MFS specialist.